Thursday, January 19, 2006

Think you did farely well? Let's see how you faired, shall we?

Gosh. I love this language :D

Anyway, here are the answers:

1. I accept all vegetables, except peas.
(Please tell me that it is humanly impossible to get this one wrong. Please.)

2. Assure.
(Assure means "to guarantee." Ensure means "to make sure." Insure means "to protect against loss or damage.")

3. Enormousness.
(GC, Yoyo - I AM impressed! Evidently, enormity means "exteme evil". Why? I do not know. )

4. I could of eaten a whole pizza.
(If you got this one wrong, I hope it's only because you read the question wrong!!!)

5. One is a noun and one is an adjective.
(I actually learnt something from this quiz - Everyday, with no space between the words, means "ordinary." It works as an adjective. When working as the answer to the question "when," every day is a noun. When do you wear your everyday clothes? Every day.)

6. Baited.
(Yuck. What have you been putting in your mouth?)

7. It’s easy to write on stationery that’s stationary.
(I think it was back in the 5th grade when the difference between these 2 words, and between principle and principal was DRILLED into my head!)

8. Pedal to the metal.
(Actually, there's a song by this name in the soundtrack for the movie 'The Italian Job'.)

9. Pore.
(I remember worrying more about the pores on my face during the pimple phase. Egad!)

10. Imminent.
(But these days, with so many people talking about the end of the world, I guess the end could be eminent too. Okay, bad joke.)

Congratulations, Gautam!! You scored a 9/10. So... ahem...

P.S. - This quiz was created by MSN Encarta columnist, Martha Brockenbrough.

13 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 9:11 am, Blogger Yohan said...

And in the end, you have lifted it from some Microsofty.

[Quick! Am I allowed to start a sentence with "and"?]

 
At January 20, 2006 4:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. :-)

(unfortunately for me girls in norway like norwegian the way you like english.. I guess I need to start learning some norwegian really fast!)

 
At January 20, 2006 9:46 pm, Blogger Random Access said...

I know it sounds a joke, but I got 10/10, too bad u had to put up the answers before that :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At January 20, 2006 9:47 pm, Blogger Random Access said...

And for the smarty yohan,

And cannot be used at the beginning of a sentence because and is a conjunction.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At January 21, 2006 2:52 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Yoyo: I love beginning sentences with and. They make it sound more important.

GC: Hehe. Best of luck for that :p

RA: Well, you're already taken. So, boo :P By the way, it's funny how you started both those sentences with "and". Hehehe.

 
At January 21, 2006 3:52 am, Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

5 /10 after some logical reasoning but without any guess work

 
At January 21, 2006 2:38 pm, Blogger M said...

Hehe...nice quiz. Got a 10/10 but only because I took a stab at the one with "pore".

Btw, enormity can be used to denote a great size as well.

 
At February 21, 2007 12:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Privacytools2004com spyware adware Whirpool freezers 26 nuker spyware Connection determine internet speed what is tramadol spyware pop ups Fingering under dress catholic school girl xxx stories spyware removers review Magazine ad chrysler firepower http://www.spyware-removal-share-ware-9.info/Adware11.html Can meridia and bextra be mixed Amateur usa wrestling Gay saunas sysndey peice swimsuits spyware remover how to paint refrigerator

 
At March 02, 2007 4:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

 
At March 04, 2007 4:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

 
At February 03, 2010 2:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

 
At February 19, 2010 9:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

 
At March 13, 2010 1:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home