Friday, December 16, 2005

Stephan Pastis is a cool guy!

So, I was spending some time on Scott’s blog, because that’s the kind of thing I do when I should be studying for an exam. By Scott, I mean Scott Adams, of course. He recommended checking out a comic called “Pearls Before Swine”. I took his advice, and I wasn't disappointed. Of course, as someone who churns out one of the best comics today, he's obviously going to have good taste in humour.

Here’s the strip that was featured on Scott’s blog.


Now, before I move on, I’ve got some business to attend to first.

Dear Stephan,

Hi. First of all, I want to tell you how much I love your comic Pearls Before Swine. I LOVE IT!

Okay, moving on. I’m sure Scott took your permission to have the strip up on his blog. And even if he didn’t, I’m sure you’re not going to mind that kind of recommendation. Since Scott and I aren’t exactly in the same league, I’m aware that there are a LOT of copyright issues I could get into MAJOR trouble with. But I’m hoping you won’t make a big deal of it. After all, even the title of this post knows that Stephan Pastis is a cool guy!


In my defense, I would like to say that if it hadn’t been for Scott, I would have never read your comic. So, if you’re looking to cause trouble, you might want to hold him responsible first. Plus, he’s so much richer than I am. I’m only a student who has nothing but a blog to her name. And I read your comics during my spare time. I’m also not majoring in Computer Science, so it’s not like I’m going to make a lot of money in the future either.


Keeping with the spirit of Christmas, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind a poor soul like me using your comic to spread a little joy around this season. Merry Christmas to you too, Stephan. You’re a cool guy!


Yours fan(w)ningly,

Ms. V


Anyway, if you liked the strip above, read on and check out 10 of my favourites. For having read only 30 of them, I think that's pretty awesome. Well, we all now know that Stephan Pastis is a cool guy!

What I like most about this strip are the characters. For one, they're all animals. And that's a plus. I love Garfield. And even in Dilbert, my favourite characters are Dogbert, Catbert, Ratbert, and now, Sourpuss! I think animals make great comics. Plus, the dialogue is simple, and the artwork is cute! I feel like I know a person that's exactly like every character in this comic. (Vibes, you listening?)











And since I always love saving the best for last...



Personally, for me, this one takes the cake!!!


And that's the end of this post. I guess there's nothing left to say rather than Stephan Pastis is a cool guy!

15 Comments:

At December 16, 2005 8:31 am, Blogger Sahil said...

btw - CS majors DO NOT make a lot of money.

 
At December 16, 2005 3:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... damn.

 
At December 17, 2005 9:03 am, Blogger Leon said...

More-nice-letter-writing.. I'm thinking of signing up for a course with you.. :p

Btw Sahil, CS majors do make a lot of money.. But then so do all the non-CS majors who take up CS jobs.. :p

 
At December 17, 2005 11:02 pm, Blogger Harish Suryanarayana said...

The truism thing was too good . I was laughing my a** off . Man, this guy is good .

 
At December 18, 2005 7:51 am, Blogger Sid said...

Now looking at the comments from your previous blogs I draw the following conclusions:
1.A lot of your readers are having their final exams
2.Not too many of them like comic strips or get them.

Being a part of the latter I feel some of them go over my head or I find them too obvious to laugh at.Of course this is just my view.

 
At December 19, 2005 6:21 am, Blogger Priya said...

got any calvin and hobbes strips??? i love em! tht brat is too good!! :D

..p..

 
At December 20, 2005 6:27 am, Blogger Yohan said...

I read this strip regularly in the paper. One thing Times of India is good at.

Just one.

(Hello! Merry Christmas Miss V!)

 
At December 20, 2005 8:18 pm, Blogger Vikas said...

Hmm...perhaps this is the worst time to introduce you to PhD comics.

www.phdcomics.com

Go to the archives and start from the beginning...

 
At December 21, 2005 5:29 am, Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Be HIP. Honour IP :-)

 
At December 21, 2005 9:23 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Sahil: They DO they DO!

Gautam: Now what did I do?

Nirmal: :D Well you MUST. I don't charge much ;)

Harish: I know!

The big 'S': :P Gosh. How can you not like comics??? That's like not liking chocolate, and THAT's just WRONG!

Priya: Man, I'm going to get into some major copyright legality issues, but well, I'll see what I can do ;)

Yoyo: Merry Christmas to you too :) How are the hills treating you?

Vikas: Seconds away from typing the URL into my address bar, sir!

Neel: Sorry, but the only thing I was left thinking after your comment was "HUH?" I'll just admit I'm dumb, so please explain :)

 
At December 22, 2005 8:14 am, Blogger Priya said...

u better update girl!

..p..

 
At December 22, 2005 11:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiyo.. not you.. I was 'damn'ing the fact that CS people dont make a lot of money.. (as sahil claims)

you're perfect :-)

 
At December 22, 2005 6:17 pm, Blogger Sahil said...

Who needs Stephan Pastis when you have all the entertainment one would ever need right here, in your comments section.

Be HIP it seems.

haahahhaah! thanks man, made me laugh more than the comics.

 
At December 23, 2005 5:53 am, Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

There is this ad campaign that is being screend on TV to educate masses about Intellectual Property. HIP= Honour IP.Click here for more

 
At January 23, 2008 8:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

You might enjoy this audio interview with “Pearls Before Swine” cartoonist Stephan Pastis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home