Thursday, December 08, 2005

Don’t touch my gagariya!

Dear insensitive nincompoopic apartment-building mate,

Hi. I know you must have had a busy day. We all do. We live in a busy busy world, don’t we? We’re both equally as busy, I guess, since we both chose to do our laundry rather late on a Thursday evening. Or we’re both equally as lazy, since we both chose to leave our laundry lying in a pile at home, till we had done two rounds with our clothes and u-gees already and were frankly just beginning to stink. Whatever may be the real reason, it’s in our best interests to pretend that we are indeed two very busy individuals.

Now, since we have established the fact that we are indeed busy, this means that neither you nor I have even an extra minute to spare. So I must say that I was rather shocked to see my clothes lying on the table in the laundry room when I’d come to pick them up. Because according to my watch, I was 30 seconds late to come collect my laundry. I must say that I’m rather impressed that you were able to dump my clothes on the table AND fill in two dryers worth of clothes within 30 seconds. Although, I find it rather disturbing that you hadn’t used the washer before you put your clothes to dry. Maybe they were wet already? Anyway, it probably has something to do with you being very busy. To each his own, I say, though clothes in the washer might have given me a slight hint that someone was waiting to use the very dryer I was using after I was done. After all, I’ve always been in a situation where somebody uses none of the washers, but wants to use both the dryers. But 30 seconds is not a long time to ask for, in my humble opinion. Because I, being as busy as I am, was able to make it to the laundry room just 30 seconds after the drying cycle was over. In fact, it takes 30 seconds from my apartment door to the laundry room.

That is why I must admit that I’m rather ticked off. But life is all about learning lessons. I learned one today myself – “to slow down”. So, that’s exactly what I did. I decided to take a break for a good long hour. Coincidentally, a drying cycle takes an hour too. So, what did I do with that time? Well, I watched some TV and waited for your drying cycle to get over. And then, I made sure I was in the laundry room 30 seconds later, because that’s how much time you gave me, didn’t you? Since you weren’t around, I assumed that you’d be okay with your clothes being dumped onto the table as well. After all, it’s really not that big a deal to have clean dry clothes dumped onto a dirty table after someone’s invested about 2 hours of time out of a busy schedule just to do laundry, right?

Yeah, that’s what I thought. It sucks! So don’t you dare touch my clothes next time round, get it? “An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth”, said Alexander Dumas. Great writer, don’t you think? Probably not, since you didn’t think to wait at least a minute or two before you did something as senseless as dump my clean, beautifully-scented clothes onto a dirty table. In fact, I’m almost confident that you didn’t wait for my drying cycle to be over with. Because by the time you’d filled the empty dryer with your mysteriously wet clothes, I’d have been there to empty out my dryer so that you’d have been able to use that one as well too. But, I must say, that is one mysteriously large pile of wet clothes though! Anyway, all’s well that ends well. Here’s hoping you learnt your lesson for today.

Oh, and one more thing: Give me back my bra, you sick pervert!

Yours revengefully,
Miss Take it surely wasn’t

19 Comments:

At December 09, 2005 12:51 am, Blogger Abhi said...

Man , that guy looks like a diploma holder in rudeness and indecency.But if anyone can handle him , its the girl who is a diploma holder in courage and strength -you.Waise I just hope you handle this carefully.All the best for your exam ,vidya.:)

 
At December 09, 2005 12:55 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Thanks, Abhi :) Best of luck to you too. I don't think we should be reading each other's blogs right now :D But, what the heck! And don't worry... if there's one thing I've learnt, it's to take care of myself. Or so I hope :)

 
At December 09, 2005 1:14 am, Blogger Abhi said...

Yeah , I dont think we should be doing this.;).Man ,I make it sound like we are smuggling gold biscuits or something.I meant we shoud not be reading blogs.

And am sure you can take care of yourself.But at the same time , dont spoil your peace too much coz of some warped thinking guys.You can take them on , but sometimes , holding back may just get you a more peaceful day.Man , I suck like a vaccum cleaner at all this round talk.In straight terms - You are strong.But be careful.Dont know why i felt like playing the advice givin big bro here.But take it easy.Be happy.

 
At December 09, 2005 1:33 am, Blogger Leon said...

Me thinks you must become a professional letter-writer.. :p..

 
At December 09, 2005 5:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

South Park Rocks big time!!!!!

 
At December 09, 2005 5:45 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Vote For Ghagra Vote For Ghagra Vote For Ghagra

or may be
Resham Ka Hai Kurta, Resham Ka Rumal, Choli Ke Peeche...

This must be Ila Arun's finest hour...

 
At December 09, 2005 5:47 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Too much coffee Too much coffee Too much coffee Too much coffee
Too much coffee Too much coffee Too much coffee Too much coffee
Too much coffee Too much coffee


~plop~

 
At December 09, 2005 5:59 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Abhi: :) Thanks for your concern. I'm touched :) Yeah, I know, I'll try not to do anything too stupid. But revenge does feel GOOD! :D

Nirmal: Me thinks you are right :p

Anon: Haha. Well totally unrelated but yeah. I agree! :D

Vibes: Hehehehehe :D It's nice to have you back all caffeinated. And do you remember the video of this song???? UGH!

 
At December 09, 2005 6:07 am, Blogger Harish Suryanarayana said...

geez ... ao much for laundry ..thats why we dont have a table where we wash our clothes... If the clothes are in , the machine is mine ..to eternity if i please ... :P

 
At December 09, 2005 7:59 am, Blogger Vikram Prasad said...

hahaha..make a wise investment. Have a washer and dryer at home! makes life a lot lot easier.

 
At December 09, 2005 8:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make an even wiser investment, a bottle of febreze and firm adherence to the 8 fold path of laundry recycling. No more laundry problems.

 
At December 09, 2005 10:17 am, Blogger Jackal said...

i hope the guy reads this post and doesn't give u any more troubles...tcc byee

 
At December 10, 2005 1:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time you can just caffeinate his clothes... there are a lot more things that you can do with a little coffee powder!.. muhuhahahaha!!

[watched Mr. Bean yesterday.. !damn funny..]

 
At December 10, 2005 4:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:))

Hmm u sure it's a guy not some Jealous Girl friend who read your soulmate post?;) hmm Lycra Bra?*ducks*;)



{{hugs}}

 
At December 11, 2005 10:51 am, Blogger Vasanth said...

hahaha...a typical personification of chennai kola adi tagararu... small world....

 
At December 12, 2005 6:55 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Harish: Lucky you!

Vikram: I don't live in a home. I live in an apartment. And this is as good as it gets! :(

aa: Hehehehehe. 8 fold? I remember that!!!!!!! EWW.

Jackal: I hardly think he will. But we can hope :)

GC: Incidentally, aa recommended sambar powder. Maybe I'll try a mixture of both ;)

Jaguu: :O How did you know??? It wasn't you, was it? ;)

Vas: Welcome back!

 
At December 15, 2005 5:07 am, Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Lol! I hate my roomies too ( at times). They drop biscuit crumbs, leave the door open, switch off the fan when my undies are left on the rope to dry...

 
At December 15, 2005 9:03 am, Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

LOL, sorry but that was too funny!!! Love the way you write :-)

 
At March 06, 2007 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home