Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Notes

Audience requests are something I love to abide by, only because I know that at least one person will be reading and hopefully enjoying. I don’t know how many people really care about my taste in music, but I’m going to tell you about it anyway.

Usually, whenever anyone asked me, “So, what kind of music do you like?” I'd respond, “Oh anything and everything. I just love music of all types.” But recently I’ve realised the term music is used way too vaguely. Nowadays, noise constitutes music. A line repeated over and over again constitutes a song. A word repeated in varying speeds constitutes a song! All this just proving the fact that the world is indeed going insane.

I was made to learn music from almost the age of 3. I’m not saying that that makes me any better than anyone else. In fact, I still won’t be able to tell what Raaga a song is being sung in. But I will be able to tell if something is being sung in tune or not. For this, I am completely grateful to my parents, specially my mom who made me join these numerous classes – music, dance, art, organ etc. (No, mommy does not read this blog!) Today I realise the importance of it all. But let me not digress. (Can’t believe that I of all people am saying that, eh? But I told you so, mommy really is not reading this stuff.)

I hate the way the word ‘music’ is being blatantly abused today, and the people whom we idolize as great ‘musicians’. “Something which is music to one’s ears may not be music to another’s” – is a statement I will never make. Because I believe music is universal. If it sounds good, it sounds good. Period. Whether you are white or black, whether you are 10 or 70, whether you are male or female, whether you are sane or insane, music is what sounds good to everybody.

Before I go on, let me take a moment to say that I am so grateful for the family I have been born into. This way I get to appreciate Hindi, Tamil and English music. I also don’t fall asleep during Classical, Carnatic or Hindustani performances. In fact, I love music in any language. Spanish music is quite famous because of Latino music and Ricky Martin who always had a Spanish version for every English song, which you inadvertantly ended up hearing when you played his CD. But there are some Italian and French numbers that I listen to and love! I have no clue what the songs are about but that’s irrelevant. I also enjoy music in all Indian languages.

With regards to English music, there are just way too many genres, that it has become utterly confusing to classify a single song under just one genre. Rock, techno, disco, death metal, alternative, jazz, R&B, pop, blues etc. I don’t really have a preference for any of these genres. As long as the stuff sounds pleasant, it’s good music. I’m not saying that I must like everything I hear, but if something is in tune, then it is music. Good music obviously is what I like hearing. But I do want to discuss one genre, popularly known as metal – death, heavy or otherwise. Metal is NOT MUSIC. And I don’t care what anybody else has to say about this. In fact, I’ve said this many times and I’ll say it again. If someone were to enter a kitchen, drop all their stainless steel vessels down at the same time and then scream in the midst of it all, that’s metal. In fact, I do metal all the time. Never been a day when I have entered the kitchen and not dropped something down or burnt something or cut myself. And my screams are way more bloodcurdling. I believe metal is for people who are just highly frustrated and they find a way to vent that frustration by listening to people who are also highly frustrated and are venting it out. Just that the latter gets paid for it and the former pays for it. Because, seriously, if metal is music, then I wonder what noise is. Today I’m open to all kinds of music, but when I was younger, I had my favourites and Bryan Adams was my music idol. My favourite band was MLTR. I also loved Enigma. My love for all 3 of them has not decreased in any way, but I can’t say they’re my favourites because then I’d be stereotyped as someone who likes to listen to slow romantic music when I equally enjoy loud, crazy numbers.

With regards to Hindi and Tamil music, A.R. Rehman is GOD. I’m sure there are other music directors who come out with good pieces of music once in a while too, but every key Rehman hits on his keyboard sounds like heaven. My Hindi song tastes go as far back as Kishore Kumar, Mohammad Rafi and Manna Dey. I love the simplicity in the music of those days. Today’s songs are more intense but that’s because today’s youth is more intense. And apparently more stupid, because there are music illiterate fools who go around calling Anu Malik a great music director. I don’t even want to get started here because I will only lose my cool and he’s not really worth my time or energy. And it’s sad that when you mention that Anu Malik does nothing but copy other people’s music, all that his fans have to say in his defense is that Rehman or Lalit or Shravan or Reshamiya have also copied tunes from somewhere or the other. You’ll never hear them say, “No he does not copy.” But what they fail to understand is that it’s okay to pick a tune or two from here and there, but to copy entire songs and take credit for it is not only pathetic but outright disgusting. All those who listen to Hindi music would have definitely heard of this song that took the nation by storm – “Bheegey hont tere” from the movie ‘Murder’. I myself love that song to no end. But when I found out that Anu Malik was the music director, I knew it couldn’t be an original because it was way too beautiful a piece. It’s impossible that overnight he was gifted with the talent of music-making. So after immense Googling, I found what I was looking for. The song is an original by a Pakistani music director ‘Najam Sheraz’ in the year 2000 and the Hindi song has not been ‘inspired’ but copied note for note. That is the height of shamelessness. And this is the case for even “Kaho na kaho” and a few other songs in the same movie, in fact, almost all Anu Malik songs. It just makes me so mad that someone gets credit for not even trying to make music. Speaking of Pakistani musicians, Adnan Sami is someone I admire, more for his piano playing skills than his music. Although “Tera Chehra” makes me go all mushy inside. Another thing that bothers me a little are all these stupid actors and actresses who have now started singing a song or two just to add that to their list of ‘things I have accomplished in my life’. (I will use my bias here to say that I still adore Aamir Khan and consider him the best actor today without a doubt.) Coming to Tamil music, I have only heard Tamil songs from around the year I was born. I enjoy today’s songs more because I can understand them better. Half the lyrics are in English and the other half are in screwed up Tamil, which is how I speak. So I feel right at home. SPB and Hariharan are my favourites. Their voices… sigh! It’s nice though nowadays to hear Bollywood and Tollywood (?) singers sing songs in either language. Thanks to Rehman for the most of it, I guess.

I cannot talk about music without talking about the greatest kind of musicians - the instrument players. They’re the musicians who relay music merely by virtue of its melody, and not through lyrics or other accompaniments. Pandit Ravi Shankar, Kenny G, Zakir Hussain, Yanni – no words can express what I think about these great musicians. All I can say is that the day I’m able to pick up an instrument and mesmerize at least one person, I will consider myself blessed.

Two of the best moments in my life have been attending Bryan Adams concert (at the time when my love for him was at its peak) and attending an Adnan Sami-Asha Bhonsle-Vinod Rathode concert (just after “Tera Chehra” had been released). Great memories!!! I also want to take this oppurtunity to say that “Asha Bhonsle will always be the better singer of the two sisters. Always!”

And there is possibly nothing else I can say about music. I have exhausted myself of every possible opinion about music. I could list down all the songs I like in ascending order. But maybe I should save that for another day. They say too much of a good thing is bad. On that note (get it?)…

“I’ll be back, back again.
I’ll be back, tell a friend.”

75 Comments:

At May 31, 2005 11:58 pm, Blogger Balakumar said...

Heyyyy another Yanni fan! Guess after the Garfield, Yanni, Zakir, Adnan connections I am beginning to wonder if there was a lost twin my mom forgot to mention! :D I finally had the opportunity to see Yanni in action a couple months ago and he did not disappoint! He played most of his Acropolis numbers - by far his best creations. But the best concert I have been to is the one by Shakti. A must listen is their album "The best of Shakti", specifically the track "Joy"! Utter joy!!!

And where did you see the Adnan/Asha concert? I caught them in SFO a couple years ago.

 
At June 01, 2005 12:14 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I caught them in Chicago 2 years ago! Adnan Sami said "I love you too!" back at me and my friend when we screamed out to him just before he began to sing "Tera Chehra". That was THE highlight of the concert :D

And I'll check out Shakti.

 
At June 01, 2005 12:54 am, Blogger Balakumar said...

Shakti (the rebanded group) toured US 2 years ago - just a little before Adnan's tour. In SFO the applause and standing ovation after the concert lasted well over 15 minutes - no exaggeration there! Awesome experience! And meeting with the artistes back stage was a very humbling experience. They are all sooo down-to-earth!

 
At June 01, 2005 1:00 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I agree taste in music can be different. But one can say whether something is musical or is not. We need not like everything.

 
At June 01, 2005 1:11 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Hmmm. True. Some lyrics are damn powerful.

I graduated in 2002, I think. My math's still not good.

 
At June 01, 2005 2:22 am, Blogger Yohan said...

I just followed the yellow brick links and here I am.

Regarding metal, I would tend to agree, although my tastes have gotten progressively heavier (I stop at Led Zeppelin).

Here's a thought:

The sensation of spice is not a taste. Only Sweet, Sour and Bitter are tastes. Spice is a form of pain on the tastebuds.

Do you see the analogy...?

 
At June 01, 2005 3:14 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

:O Spice does not hurt the tastebuds. Maybe other places. In fact, bitter is pain on the tastebuds.

I'm sure the upper half of your body is not that horrendous :p

 
At June 01, 2005 4:13 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

LedZep rules... How about Oasis? and Jethro Tull? You can't stop at Led Zep in terms of "Heaviness" tho dude... Metallica for one are awesome...

 
At June 01, 2005 4:15 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Metallica is a sorry excuse of a music band! If I were the ruler of the world, I would ban them!!!

 
At June 01, 2005 4:32 am, Blogger Yohan said...

Metallica is rather good. At least the slow stuff. And Oasis is something else. (VT, did you hear Lyla?) Not heavy, just jangly.

My upper "half" (my face isn't that long, but hey!) isn't all that bad I suppose. But the photo I like. Sort of sums it all up. Don't have any others online. Heck, you haven't even put up a photo!

My spicy analogy flopped badly, so here's something more direct: There is such a thing as too much chocolate. Even for women.

 
At June 01, 2005 4:36 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Too much chocolate?? There's no such thing. NO SUCH THING. Don't ever say that :o

And in the photo department, you're not missing anything :p

 
At June 01, 2005 4:43 am, Blogger Yohan said...

Women and chocolate. Go figure. I thought I was a chocolate freak.

Regarding the photo department...are you insinuating that I'm not missing a head?


Because that would be a rather interesting thing to insinuate.

 
At June 01, 2005 4:45 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Hahaha! No. That was for your comment "Heck! You haven't even put up a photo." Guys don't know how to be freaks about anything except video games, and cars, and sex.

 
At June 01, 2005 4:50 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

"Women and chocolate. I thought I was a chocolate freak." Go figure.

The leaves are always greener on the other blog man...

All this Metallica talk got me pumped... am listening to Unforgiven... ain't it great, girls?

 
At June 01, 2005 4:53 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

:p You will die alone if you do not change your music choice asap!

 
At June 01, 2005 4:54 am, Blogger Yohan said...

Untrue. I suck at video games while my younger sister thrashes me. I have no interest in even getting a driver's license.

And as far as sex is concerned I have nothing to say (for good reason!).

And I'm a "freak" for music (The Beatles, Radiohead, The White Stripes, Oasis etc), Terry Pratchett, Star Trek, Star Wars, (the list goes on freakishly)...

 
At June 01, 2005 4:58 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

cars?? I don't care about cars... hope to buy a VRSCA 1130cc V-Rod someday tho! Presently saving for a "desi cruiser" :)

 
At June 01, 2005 5:01 am, Blogger Yohan said...

What's a desi cruiser? INS Vikranth?

 
At June 01, 2005 5:05 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Wow! You're probably the first guy I heard say doesn't want a license.

I don't think I want to buy a Harley. But would love to take one long ride on it, wind in my face kinda experience. Something I will do before I die, for sure!

 
At June 01, 2005 5:05 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

I am laughing on the inside man... really...

 
At June 01, 2005 5:14 am, Blogger Yohan said...

Not wanting a license is a combination of laziness and fear of Lorries and Road Transport Officials.

Laughing on the inside is a combination of boredom, feeble humour, and a strict boss.

What we are up to is a combination of madness, laboriousnes, and stupidity.

Let's use ym.

 
At June 01, 2005 5:20 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

hey, I can't use YM at work... heck! Blog COmments is on the verge of illegality for me!!

GO if you must.. but look out not for me!!

sigh...

 
At June 01, 2005 5:23 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Aww. Are you sure? I mean, if you're doing the blog comments, you might as well go one step ahead? Can't you? Huh? Can't you? Yohan, tell him!

Peer pressure at its best :D

 
At June 01, 2005 5:44 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Ok... I am getting pretty wired now... and I don't think its just the coffee...
Move onto Yahoo! messenger ye all...

must fight.. urge ...to stay.. if I .. can... just... ugggh.. reach the... power... switch.... uuugggg....

Click.

 
At June 01, 2005 11:08 am, Blogger Random Access said...

I can see you have a big fan following here...though I donno why I go to xanga first...anywayz, juz stopped by to say that the subtlety in the post heading got a grin to my jobless face.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At June 01, 2005 7:36 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Anything to make you smile, RA :D

 
At June 01, 2005 9:51 pm, Blogger vishy said...

hmm... we seem to have a lot of similarity here... no for the metal... well i would say that even the steel utensils falling in the kitchen would sound better.. and when ur hungry.. even a cookers whistle would be music to ur ears..

and for the hindi songs.. Kishore kumar and rafi's are really cool.. the lyrics are too good and sensible.. i dont find such lyrics in hindi these days.. Vairamuthu is keeping the lyrics alive in Tamil.. and yeah

u forgot to bomb Deva.. the Anumalik of Kollywood..

another good singer who has been there for a long time and yet not known to many is Jayachandran.. offlate i have been listing to a lot of his songs.. Yetho moham(kozhi koovuthu), Oru daivam thantha poove (Kannathil mutham ittal), enmel vizhuntha mazhi thuliye (maymadham), raasathi unna kaanatha nenju.. try his songs.. if u havent..

 
At June 01, 2005 11:18 pm, Blogger Random Access said...

Machan vishy, how dare you insult Deva by comparing him with Anu Malik? Who else can come up with those Gana paatu tunes? Dont ever tell me he copied those...!!!

And try to beat "Aasai" tunes...!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At June 01, 2005 11:20 pm, Blogger Random Access said...

And thanks Ms. V...I feel honoured.. And for once, at a loss for appropriate words..

Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to recollect whats ur bday - its unlike me to forget..)

 
At June 01, 2005 11:26 pm, Blogger Random Access said...

Well, curiosity got the better out of my laziness and I found out the answer...not too difficult as u r a different girl who doesnt prefer to hide her bday!

And how could I forget that u r as typical a '2' as it can get! Keep dreamin..

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At June 02, 2005 3:39 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

More! More! We must have more of your wonderful literary treats and ruthless social commentry!

Background Mei: "There is still one more "V"... where can it Be??"

Geuntak!

 
At June 02, 2005 4:54 am, Blogger Yohan said...

I am Jawalkar without a V.

Surrender all your V's and vunce.

Vat is dis sheit, y'might say.

Channel V rocks.

 
At June 02, 2005 5:19 am, Blogger Vasanth said...

vvvvvvvvvvvv too much not at all a bad idea of asking you to write abt music... sorry for late response...need time to read...may be on 4th you will get my detailed comments....

Raja idea kudutha...adhu raangaa poidumaa...

 
At June 02, 2005 5:21 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Are you saying you are free on the 4th? Or that it will take you 2 whole days to read my post? :p

Btw, how'd the exam go? :)

Nalla idea thaan. Nandri ;)

 
At June 02, 2005 2:31 pm, Blogger vishy said...

dei Ra
u dont ned to be a music director for gaaana songs...da machi u wldhave realised it if u did ur undergrad in madras.. any college machi. guys make nice gaanas. and Deva doesnt' have authenticity even in gaanas ex: Sallomiya literally copied from Saayoni -Album-Junoon. And the point is these two Deva and Anu malik boast about themselves on inteviews in the TV..

 
At June 02, 2005 2:33 pm, Blogger vishy said...

btwn Miss V.. where can I know more abt u.. have been just seeing ur comments on my buddies (RA and RANga's) blogs.. so pass on some info..

 
At June 03, 2005 2:46 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

i find myself agreein to everything u said, 'cept for the one abt metal, heavy or otherwise. i second wht arvy has said in tht other blog o' urs. u probably hvn't listened to the good 'uns. led zeppelin rules, say wht u may. :)

 
At June 03, 2005 3:02 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Hey spark. I DO know that orca is the whale. I'm a huge fan of sarcasm, just so you know. But thanks anyways :D

Is Led Zep the Stairway to Heaven dude? 'cos if he is, then I've listened to the song, and I'm still alive, so it probably wasn't that bad. Maybe what I should have said is that I guess metal is great music for those who get high off headaches :p

 
At June 03, 2005 3:05 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Vishy, welcome to my blog :)

Well, I don't think you're missing out on much, but there's a little info about me on my other mirror blog, htttp://www.xanga.com/vids, which has been running longer than this one, so you'll know that venting has been the birthright that I have taken full advantage of ! Otherwise, just another average person, who has led a pretty much uneventful life, except when I killed a spider day before yesterday all on my own. One of the highlights of my life, I must say.

 
At June 03, 2005 4:55 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

"Is Led Zep the Stairway to Heaven dude?"

Ms. V!!! Stairway to Heaven practically gets there (to heaven I mean)!! I almost snorted my coffe through my nose when I read the above line! i wrote about that song on my blog just some days back!

 
At June 03, 2005 5:00 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

:D ok, u scored one on me with orca. but u know how i feel abt these mushy new hindi film music? like drowning myself in a tub of boiling oil. it depresses me! it's all so freakin commercial. but neways, led zep is not 'a dude' it's a bunch of dudes' n yes, i know tht u r this 'pankha' of sarcasm n all tht. :)

 
At June 03, 2005 5:01 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

i mean, notwithstanding ur being a pankha of sarcasm n all tht. :)

 
At June 03, 2005 5:04 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Aaah yes! If there was one song you would hear over and over again... I seriously don't get the hype about this song! I mean, the beginning tune is kinda neat. I remember it as a background in this one video game about wizards and sorcerors. Plus it's freaking 8 mins long!!! Seriously, I didn't know guys had that kinda patience. And isn't he a rocker? I don't mind rockers. I just can't stand the noisy trash, that's all!

 
At June 03, 2005 5:09 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I just took a shot at hearing it again. Seriously, it's a very depressing song! And no spark, I had no clue it was a band. Couldn't care less though. They're not too happy about going to heaven or something? Maybe it's cause they're a rock band? I think AC/DC are having way more fun on their way to hell.. one of my all time favourite rock songs being "Highway to Hell"!!! Now that's my kind of music.

 
At June 03, 2005 5:09 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Its the ending that ROCKS man!!! I am not kidding about being willing to listen to it over and over... I wrote the post after listening to the same 90 seconds continously for 3 hours...
Ok whatever!

 
At June 03, 2005 5:23 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

u said it man! the ending is wht i too like abt this song. i don't mean i like to hear it ending :D (tht's wht vids here wud like to say, tho). i dunno, mebbe it's just tht some of us r 'attuned' differently? mebbe tht's y v hv rockers n non-rockers. n yes, highway to hell is good, but doesn't tht guy *scream his guts out*?? i mean, how cud U like this song? :)

 
At June 03, 2005 5:25 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

How about Immigrant Song, Black Dog, and Moby Dick ?? Thiose are fun too!

 
At June 03, 2005 5:29 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Moby Dick is a great novel. And there's a motel here by that name too. So which of the two is the song about? :P

The beginning of "HTH" just gets me so pumped up! And he's screaming in tune. Plus there's a nice chorus and all. It's a SONG. I never said I don't like loud music. I love U2. E-l-e-v-a-t-i-o-n!!!!! :D

 
At June 03, 2005 7:19 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

yeah! i simply dig all those songs, esp. black dog. but my all time led zep favourite is 'when the levee breaks'. man, it's blues at its best, i think.
ms. v, the answer to ur question is, neither. neither ur neighborhood motel nor the novel. it has a far more colorful story behind it. :D

 
At June 03, 2005 7:21 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

About a guy named Moby???? ;)

 
At June 03, 2005 7:27 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

btw, if u do care, here's an amateurish attempt at tryin to understand y i like stairway to heaven. (yes, i wrote a blog abt it. tht's y i don't like it whn ppl say it's bad :) )
http://theblindingspark.blogspot.com/2005/02/stairway-to-heaven.html

 
At June 03, 2005 7:31 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

well moby, in some obscure slang, means huge or big, or something along those lines. go figure. :)

 
At June 03, 2005 7:43 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

wow! 56, now 57 comments!! this is the max. i hv seen for any blog. ever!

 
At June 03, 2005 8:02 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I am no more a fan of the song after reading your blog, than I was before it, spark! :P It's quite frankly a very very depressing song. Though I'll check out one or two other songs of theirs before I write them off.

 
At June 03, 2005 8:09 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Now the title makes so much more sense. It's either "Moist Vagina" or "Moby Dick". I'm able to understand why you guys are crazy about these people!!!!

Comments wise, one of Vaibhav's recent posts went past 80. And one of Girish's post a long time ago went upto 181 comments. Good times :D

 
At June 03, 2005 8:52 pm, Blogger TheSpark said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At June 03, 2005 8:53 pm, Blogger TheSpark said...

horror of horrors!! v rn't crazy abt 'em bcoz of these titles!!?? it's coz of the music! duh!! for instance, it's bonzo's drumming tht's the highlight of moby dick. the title's just a joke on something tht hpnd during one of their rehearsals. u can't stereotype us all on just a few ppl tht u hv met. come now, u must know better'n tht! :)
abt my blog, i did say it was kinda amateurish. :D

 
At June 03, 2005 9:36 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

sparky, I was only kidding!!! Well, maybe not ;) There are just a few things that are the driving force for men ;) So was jus trying to put 2 and 2 together to make sense out of something that makes no sense to me. Am I making sense?

 
At June 04, 2005 1:23 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

ah well, u can't be blamed. for ur responses hv been conditioned by pop tv sitcoms n the like, as the site counter with 'friends' at the bottom of this page bears testimony. hence ur infantile indiscretions r forgiven. :D
u'll hv to think beyond these natural, conditioned reflexes :D
free...ur...mind... :)
am I makin sense?? btw, i like yanni too.

 
At June 04, 2005 1:26 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

i must hasten to add....i mean, yanni's music, not him. :))

 
At June 04, 2005 1:34 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

:o Are you saying I'm immature enough to be swayed by the media? Friends is a great sitcom and good entertainment. Plus it was the cutest counter available :p "u can't stereotype us all on just a few ppl tht u hv met. come now, u must know better'n tht! :)" remember these words? :p

I like Yanni's music too, not him :p

And do you have a name sparky? i need to know who dares come to my blog and trashes the opinions of probably one of the most opinionated people around! :p

 
At June 05, 2005 8:57 pm, Blogger TheSpark said...

sorry for the delay. had been on a camping trip to the mountains yonder.
"i need to know who dares....... opinionated people around!"
guilty as charged. :D in fact, i myself am known to be very caustic n opinionated. my friends n i hv almost come to blows many a time, coz of this.
'bout the name? let's just call me thespark or sparky (tho tht sounds a bit silly :D ). after all, wht's life without a li'l mystery?? :)

 
At June 05, 2005 9:02 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Then I shall call you sparky, since you think it's silly. What's life without a little payback? ;)

 
At June 05, 2005 9:16 pm, Blogger TheSpark said...

rotfl!!
suit urself. i take it ur called vidya, apart from other 'things'? :)

 
At June 05, 2005 9:37 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Hehehe. Yes. Vidya is one of my many names. But you can call me anything you like. I also have an anonymous admirer who calls me 'ugly Indian girl'. So I really have no issues. Whatever makes you happy :p

 
At June 05, 2005 10:02 pm, Blogger TheSpark said...

hmmm.... awright, i'll think of something really gross. till then, it's vids.

 
At June 05, 2005 11:26 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

For the highly unobservant, that's an acronym for my blog name.

 
At June 05, 2005 11:29 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

So sparky, you a Tamil payyan by any chance? I do know you're a fellow Scorpion, so we shall get along rather well ;)

 
At June 06, 2005 12:10 am, Blogger Vasanth said...

good!!!!

 
At June 06, 2005 2:28 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

no vids, am not a tamil payyan, (i assume payyan is something like 'guy' or 'miyan', rt?) tho am mighty curious abt u tamilians. is it a coincidence tht iam reading tamilnation.org rt now? neways, am from neighbouring k'taka, stayin in neighbouring goa, atleast for the present. well, the question is, can scorpions get along well with each other? or for tht matter, with anyone? :)

 
At June 06, 2005 2:47 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

From what I know about "scorpions", the female ones are more dangerous and most of the times eat the male ones. So I guess if anyone should be worrying, it should be you ;)

I usually don't make too many enemies. I guess everyone's aware of a scorpion's sting! But I think we don't sting unless we REALLY have to, right?

Payyan does mean boy :) I've only been to Goa once.. with family. I hope to make a naughtier trip with friends sometime :D

 
At June 06, 2005 9:41 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

brrr.... perhaps i should make myself scarce then, before u set foot in goa. :)
from wht i know of *all species*, the females are more dangerous *all the time*. shakespeare wasn't kiddin whn he said hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. n i gather from the blogs tht u stay in the US of A. so isn't it a much better place for ur 'naughty escapades'?

 
At June 06, 2005 4:47 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

No. I stay in the place that once wanted to be the US of A but now the US of A wants to be - Canada.
And what's the fun of being naughty in a place where everyone else is being scandalous???

Shakespeare said a lot of things just because he could :p Females in most animal species have it lucky. Unfornutaley, for humans, it is not so. They don't call it MANkind for nothing!

You can run, you can hide. But you cannot escape ;)

 
At June 07, 2005 12:07 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

uh oh! alright then, i think i'd better *get along rather well*. :D
also,if it's man-kind, then will it be woman-unkind? i know, i know, u r cringing. but tht was the whole point. besides, i cudn't resist it. :)

 
At June 07, 2005 5:06 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

My scorpion instincts was positive you'd make a dig at that :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home