Friday, May 27, 2005

Celsius -12.78/-11.76

I just finished watching Fahrenheit 9/11. If there are two sides to a story, then this is the side I am sticking with.

I am so mad right now that this post is going to undergo no spell-check! Body temperatures are definitely far from 9 or 11.

How did Bush get re-elected? How? And more importantly, why?

I am trying my best to abstain from using profanity, but I can’t promise I’ll be able to abide by that.

It’s been a long time since a movie made me cry. Bawl, in fact. I just couldn’t control myself. The tears just kept on rolling down. I write this post as the tears are still drying up on my cheek. I am seething with anger too, but I can’t help cry for all those people who lost their lives over some goddamn oil. And I’m outraged because the fucking asshole who is responsible for these tears and for much more heartfelt, painful tears of thousands of people has been rewarded for the deed by the post for Presidency. Isn’t it amazing what the greatest country in the world is capable of accomplishing? This sure is a miracle, in my opinion.

Usually I could care less about the extra features on the DVD. But I am glad that I made sure I saw every feature on this one. There is a particular feature which showed a few Arab-American comedians who were trying to make the best of the “attack” they were under since 9/11. One comedian in particular named ‘Ahmed Ahmed’ joked “It’s a bad time to be named just Ahmed. So I’m really fucked!” It was probably the only time in the 2 hours that I honestly smiled. Oh, and also when they showed those really cute Iraqi kids. My heart just went out to them.

Michael Moore sure has the guts to come out with a movie like this. I call it a movie because it is obvious that majority of the Americans believe it is unreal. Because there is no way you could believe in this movie and revote this creature as your President. Maybe Moore should have appended to his title – “Based on a true story”. Maybe then the public might have taken him a little more seriously. Or maybe if Britney Spears had been a fan of the movie.

It probably shouldn’t concern me all that much because America is not my country and neither is Iraq. But I am positive that those who believed Bush was worthy to be elected President again didn’t have any family member killed in that war.

The footage of the soldiers abusing the “prisoners” was disgusting to the point where I can’t even find proper words to express myself. I realized that humans are indeed cruel beasts. We will point at a gay couple and laugh at them, but we will also find immense pleasure in fondling the penis of a prisoner. Fucking sickening. But who can blame them? That’s how most immature 18 year olds will act. No wonder they won’t question the validity of what they’re doing. “Yo dude. Isn’t it cool? We have guns! It’s just like playing Counter Strike but for real.”

This film is probably hardly 1/10th of the truth. The rest of it has probably never been filmed yet. Or even if it has, we’re going to need it to find its way to Moore because obviously no one else has the balls to stand up to the President of the United States of America. Except Osama Bin Laden, of course.

Those Americans who didn’t bother to watch this movie just prove the fact that they are content living in ignorance. If you’re a Bush supporter, then all the more reason to watch this movie and try to contend anything that’s been documented in it. Or attempt to put up a fight. Or just pretend to care even.

Even a movie based on Indian Independence hasn’t gotten me so riled up. But while I’m at that subject, fuck you British too!

Land of the free! What a load of crap. For people who brag about having a lot of freedom, they sure are making a lot of compromises. Give it a few more years, and the concept of hand luggage will be long gone. And make sure when you’re in the gym that you never mention the words “Al Qaeda” or “Bin Laden” and then say anything anti-Bush after that. Oh, I’m sorry. That’s a thing of the past, isn’t it? Now the magic words are … Oh God help me… I’m trying… not… to… say… it… butttttt……….

NORTH KOREA!

Oh fuck. Now I’m never going to be able to take an afternoon nap peacefully. Who knows? One of you will rat me out and I’m going to have the FBI knocking on my door interrupting one of my afternoon siestas, and interrogate me regarding this post on my blog.

And mind you, this is a highly censored version of what I originally had to say. It’s a human weakness. I still want my friends to love me. Maybe Moore does too. Imagine how much more there may be that we have not seen? Think about it!

12 Comments:

At May 27, 2005 4:32 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

If you think the movie is critical you ought to read "Stupid White Men"... talks a lot more about Bush's election (or the lack of it) and other stuff related to Bush's first term...

Sometimes I wish that if he had to be so Evil, at least He (the other He) should've made him an Evil Genius...

Looking for worms under rocks... choked on a pretzel... and those dumb verbal bloopers...

the most Powerful man on earth... its nauseating!

 
At May 27, 2005 9:57 pm, Blogger Random Access said...

Vaibhav, I dont think he has the brains to be even evil...Evil brains are damn good and logical and precise..Bush doesnt qualify for all those praise!

And hey Ms. V, blogspot is much better to post your poetry as well.. knock.. knock.. u better start doing so pretty soon ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to add one more to my favorites)

 
At May 27, 2005 10:00 pm, Blogger Random Access said...

And regarding this..

" Nothing that you can't find out with a little persuasion and a little bribing. "

I totally vehemently unabstrusively object to it. Its more of a weakness of a person that u can exploit rather than a strength of an individual. And some u just cant do anything about, if they dont wanna tell u something :) Its all about conditioning the mind...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At May 27, 2005 10:37 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

miss V... too good an impression about you since this is the first blog of yours that am reading...am new to reading or writting any stuff...I now repent for not having developed the art...I dont have words to express my hatred towards those bunch of ******** (what to call them )...

 
At May 28, 2005 2:40 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

RA: Poetry coming up next!

Vasanth: Thanks :D Keep reading. I love my audience. And you could put in any requests too! Not that I'll abide by them, but I'll try ;)

 
At May 28, 2005 6:24 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

RA: Ye dude... are you saying that Bush isn't evil, because he isn't smart?

I think thats the worst kind of evil in the world... (just my opnion here... you don't have to agree of course)
See...The people who consciously go about trying to destroy others also harm themselves at the same time... consequently there is a limit to the evil that they are capable of... if they are really smart, they'll stop before they destroy themselves...

But, practically all the misery in the world is due to insensitivity... when Bush bombs Iraq, he doesn't think about the pain it will cause (directly and indirectly) to people who might not even be theer when the bomb falls...

Personally, I think thats the worst part about Bush... his mindlessness and insensitivity...


Ms. V!!! Tempted as I am to prolong that Cat's Fly.. Dog's Flea... the fly is open... discussion... I shall resist the urge... I fear the fabric of space-time would not be able to stand such kheechatani :)...
But good to meet someone who doesn't slip away into a dark corner on hearing my arbid zombie talk!

I think I will dedicate awhole post to arbidity soon!

 
At May 28, 2005 6:30 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Vaibhav: I guess it was one of those moments when I was feeling quite brave ;)

 
At May 28, 2005 8:04 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Ms. V... This could be the beginning of a very confusing friendship!!! :)

I haven't looked carefully at the Shout bOx thing... next time, I'll use that for non post related comments!

 
At May 28, 2005 8:06 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Vaibhav: And also missing each other by a few minutes ;) It doesn't matter where you comment. I sure will read it!

 
At May 28, 2005 10:04 am, Blogger Random Access said...

I long to have a post without naming ppl with :

Anywayz, apart from my wish, I do think that what Bush is doing is disgustingly pathetic, but that he isnt smart enuf to be a criminal. Its relative on how u define evil, but I think evil person is a very smart criminal. Bush is like a person who drops a banana peel on the road and people trip over it, though on a far larger scale affecting millions. Dont blame Bush when there are millions of such senseless idiots out there in "the best country" queueing up for the coveted post.

Thinkin people wait in 2 day queues to get visa to america, im wondering what its all about. If its power and money, India has plenty. Its just that it has one more thing...humility of a great nation! Lemme stop here as Im furious juz thinkin of it.

Thou shall return !!!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At May 28, 2005 11:18 am, Blogger Arun Jacob said...

There's more to global politics than what mainstream media can bring forth to the public...

Michael Moore borrows the title of his movie from a book we should be reading.

Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury.

 
At February 20, 2007 10:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home