Monday, May 30, 2005

Random (hopefully funny) ramblings

Well, I can see people are not amused by my poetry, except for one of you of course! So since my readership is limited anyway, I will definitely put up some poetry later, just for you my friend, mushy or otherwise.

I usually look forward to summer. And now that it has arrived, I despise it. The bloody insects hound me. In winter, I can walk around on the streets and sip my coffee peacefully. Now I have to spend more time looking at my ice cream, to make sure that nothing that flies, slides or crawls finds its way into my food, instead of looking both sides before crossing the road. And I don’t want to die young. At least the thought hasn’t crossed my mind as yet. Summer makes me a sinner. I probably kill as much as Bush does. Though he has people to do his killing and probably even swat his flies. But I just can’t help it. They even manage “to boldly go where no man has gone before”, if you know what I mean.

It’s obvious that people nowadays are having too many kids; way more than they can handle. What’s the reason? Are they trying to make a statement about their active sexual life? Or is it so that no partner is left lonely after divorce?

Variety drives me crazy, at least at the grocery store. I wish there was just one damn thing of everything. I go to the milk section and there are 10 different types of milk from 10 different brands. I just want milk. But then when I’m in the juice section, there’s cranberry-orange, or there’s strawberry-kiwi, or there’s grapefruit-lime, but there’s no peach-mango. And I want peach-mango. This part of the world definitely does not know how to exploit the exotic taste of mangoes.

I was waiting for the bus today and there were about 40 of us at the stop. Me, and one Canadian girl, and the rest all, Chinese! Oriental people to me are all Chinese. Seriously, Chinese AND insects? Summer is not fun like it used to be. In Muscat, it’s too hot for insects to survive, or for that matter, even the Chinese. It’s bliss out there.

Why does it take 21 days to form a habit? Isn’t that just way too long? 4 days is good, or maybe even 5. But 21? That’s asking a bit too much, don’t you think? I just need more incentive to be getting up at 6 every morning to go swimming. Cute guys don’t get up at 6. Forget cute, guys don’t get up at 6!

Why is Devil’s Food Cake called so? There is NOTHING sinful about eating rich, chocolaty, creamy cake. If anything is the Devil’s food, it should be broccoli. To be honest, I don’t hate broccoli. I don’t know why there’s the hype about it. I think bitter-gourd or probably even brinjal (eggplant for you uneducated people) should be it. Speaking of which, I hate not being able to call ladies-finger “ladies-finger” anymore. Where the hell did they get the name “okra”? Isn’t that some kind of whale?

Alarm clocks are the invention of the Devil. Waking up is such a pain. It hurts just to think about having to wake up tomorrow morning. Damn these wooden structures. People here need to make houses out of concrete and cement like our houses are made of back home. I can hear the man next door snoring. Isn’t that just awful? I have to play loud music at 4 every night so the guy wakes up and then turns over or something and thus stops snoring. I hope the other people in the building don’t hate me. But they all probably can hear him snore too! So I guess I’m doing them a favour. My cool music collection is way more pleasant to hear in the middle of the night. Tonight's choice is Fatboy Slim’s “Stop the rock”! And with that, I need to stop this post. Sleep beckons. When nature calls, you have to heed. You know what I mean.

33 Comments:

At May 30, 2005 4:31 am, Blogger Vasanth said...

ennamo po...request satisfy pannita...some thing funny... but wat connection between killing flies and then pethufying babies..$%^&*(

 
At May 30, 2005 4:34 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

adhunala thaan "random" :p

 
At May 30, 2005 4:50 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

####They even manage “to boldly go where no man has gone before”, if you know what I mean.####

Uh.. I don't think there is a delicate way to ask this but... "Which one is it?"

(Its Monday... the Do-before-you-think-day)

 
At May 30, 2005 4:54 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Hehehehehehehehe. Monday is also let-your-imagination-run-wild day.

 
At May 30, 2005 4:57 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

You should know that my Team Leader just asked me to wipe "that goofy grin" from my face!

 
At May 30, 2005 5:02 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Tell him/her it is part of the let-your-imagination-run-wild day ;)

It's bad enough I was blogging till 4:11 a.m. in the morning. It's now 5:11 a.m. and I'm discussing your facial expressions :p

The damn man is still snoring though.

 
At May 30, 2005 5:12 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

She's gonna ask me to write her a mail on it... plus, I'll have to explain what "Imagination" is...

SAY!! since its "the Do-before-you-think-day" why don't you go knock on the snoring man's door, tap his nose knowingly and ome back. Or just scream "They are Coming!!! I can't hold them off anymore"

 
At May 30, 2005 8:17 am, Blogger Random Access said...

whatz this...i find a reference to me too many times ! Serialize ur randomizations...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At May 30, 2005 4:22 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Vaibhav: What is she, your team leader or your mom? :p
By the way, the man next door is Chinese! Out of all the people in the world I could have for a neighbour, I get loud-snoring-Chinese-man. It really is true that every second person in the world is Chinese.

RA: As far as I know, you're not an insect, you don't have kids, you're not available at the grocery store, you're not Chinese, you're not one of the guys who I would bump into if you woke up at 6, you're not a vegetable, you're not an alarm clock, you're not snoring-man-next-door and hopefully you're not the Devil or Nature. So I only really made one reference to you as my "poetry admirer" :p Really nothing random about that.

 
At May 30, 2005 4:52 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Vasanth, eppadi assume pannina that I know Tamil?

 
At May 30, 2005 8:35 pm, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Ok Ms. you seem to have been away from home a bit too long... I don't have to mail my mom anything! sometimes I have to go mail stuff FOR her but never too her!

and whats with the Chinese bashing, man? Had bad chopsuey as a child or what??

 
At May 30, 2005 9:13 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Oopsie! My bad ('mistake', for those who don't speak the uneducated version). You lucky you. Still have the comforts of your home :(

And no :p Chopsuey has been good to me all my life uptil now. It's the people who make it who are my concern. It's not my stomach, but my ears that are complaining.

I really don't hate the Chinese. I just dislike them for "health issues" ;)

 
At May 30, 2005 10:40 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

Miss V because it was "let-your imagination-run-wild day" so adhunaladhan.....hahaha

 
At May 30, 2005 10:42 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Hehehehe :p

 
At May 30, 2005 11:00 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

V : take a look at your chat box and my spanish jalam is there...go try underwaring it ;-)

 
At May 30, 2005 11:02 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I'm already working on it ;) Give me a couple of minutes and I will crack the code.

 
At May 30, 2005 11:03 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

next post could be about the music of your choice.....

 
At May 30, 2005 11:04 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I could work on that the minute I'm done with your Spanish. Cool?

 
At May 30, 2005 11:09 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

You write very sucky Spanish :p I only deciphered "Please .......... Spanish" "Goodbye Thanks."

Did you say "please do not speak in Spanish"???? Even Google has no answers for me!

 
At May 30, 2005 11:10 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

what did you make out....?????was it correct...

 
At May 30, 2005 11:12 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

hahahahaha.....that is a local telecon language for people to know that you cant converse in spanish....and soliciting their kind understanding...

you are smart dude...

 
At May 30, 2005 11:18 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Or they could get REALLY angry about butchering their language!

Already working on the next post :)

And yes, I am smart!!!

 
At May 30, 2005 11:19 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

was this name "random ramblings" inheritted...seems to be very familier...

 
At May 30, 2005 11:20 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

cannnnn understand you are online too....yahoooooooo?????

 
At May 30, 2005 11:21 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Sure.. why not? It makes more sense!

 
At May 30, 2005 11:27 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

id?

 
At May 30, 2005 11:29 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Give yours... mine's embarassing, plus I'm a girl. So will not put it out on a public domain ;) I'm damn good with excuses :D

 
At May 30, 2005 11:31 pm, Blogger Vasanth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At May 31, 2005 8:54 am, Blogger Random Access said...

oh my god, 6 to 26 comments in a day...and its all english n spanish for me !!! juz wondering what took u guys so long to realise yahoo might be a better idea ;)

I think Girish's blog had tht heading...not sure...though it fits me more i guess :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At May 31, 2005 8:55 am, Blogger Random Access said...

and whts so embarrasing abt ur id ms. v? well, atleast ur invisible id isnt ;)

 
At June 03, 2005 2:42 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

the whale's orca, not okra.

 
At February 03, 2007 5:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 
At February 22, 2007 3:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Diamonds sports bar minnesota http://www.tag-heuer-watches-5.info/fiat-tipo-equipado.html female sex gangbang Milf lessons 05 Watch dallas on the computer certificate in financial planning conference internet http://www.footballequipment4.info/Dog-theme-jewelry.html Mp3 diamond gucci necklaces prozacpaxil prozac Zyban pharmacyzyban pgarmacy Refurbished blackberry cell phone Epson stylus 900 printer uk Dental insurance plan 20

 

Post a Comment

<< Home