Sunday, October 09, 2005

Tag of war

So I've decided not to make a bitch-fest out of my blog. That means I'm going to take the effort to try to blog like I used to, which may be a bad thing too. But what the heck.

Deepthi, who I've been rude enough not to blogroll until today, tagged me. Yay! And I mean it. I think tags are cool. They're like one extra topic to blog about without breaking your head too much. In fact, I was planning to self-tag myself but Deepthi saved me the trouble. Now I don't seem so lame anymore. No complaints from me, girl! But then again, I'm the same person who felt bad about not being spammed. Not that I like spammers, but I was beginning to get some sort of complex as to why my blog was not being targeted by spammers. In fact, my first spam comment was about just three weeks ago. That helped my damaged ego a bit. Yes, I'm weird like that.

Se7en

... things I want to do before I die

1> hug my dad again.
2> make my mom proud by fulfilling her and my dad's wishes.
3> adopt a child. But that's only after I'm no longer responsible for my sister, and my uncle's sons.
4> experience some of these crazy sports/activities like bungee jumping, paragliding, skiing or scuba diving.
5> learn a musical instrument properly, preferably drums. Else, the guitar.
6> learn to work with all mediums in art - pencil sketch, charcoal, water colours, oil paint, pastel colours etc.
7> do so many more things like travel, write a book, compose a song, paint a portrait of my dad, get married, pet a Yorktese, own a Volkswagen Beetle convertible etc, but I now realize how short "before I die" can really be.

... things I can do

1> walk English, talk English.
2> whistle quite well. And more importantly, whistle tunes!
3> eat pretty much anything vegetarian.
4> drink loads of coffee and still fall right off to sleep.
5> go without sleep for more than 48 hours, and also sleep for more than 18 hours straight, not necessarily following the former.
6> be very very possessive about the people I love.
7> complete this tag.

... things I cant' do

1> live life the same way anymore.
2> understand computers. If you think women have mood swings, you haven't worked with a Compaq Presario 1500T.
3> understand how guys will spend their lifetime understanding computers but will not allocate even one-tenth of that time to attempt understanding women.
4> trust women. And Ekta Kapoor hasn't influenced me in any way.
5> tolerate female Chinese voices. *Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech*
6> be composed around an insect.
7> have faith.

... things I say the most

1> Screw you
2> Uffo
3> Wow, or in less-wowed circumstances, gosh
4> Achcha
5> Dammit, as opposed to damn it.
6> Crap
7> What the fuck, man

... things that attract me to the opposite sex

1> Voice!!! If you've got a sexy voice, you can be the hunchback of Notredame, for all I care.
2> Hair. I like being able to run my fingers through a guy's hair. I also prefer a stubble to a clean shave. Speaking of clean shaves, I hate it when a guy's body is hairless! That is a big no-no for me. I demand chest hair. When a guy's wearing a shirt and has his top two buttons open and his chest hair is peeking out... ooh la la!
3> Having a good command over the English language. And that doesn't mean just being a smooth talker. If a guy ever says "they goes" even by mistake, I'm making a big U-turn.
4> Chocolate skin. If a guy's brown, he gets brownie points from me ;)
5> Being slightly smarter/taller/cuter/basically better than me. I don't know why but that's a turn on.
6> Knowing to treat a woman right. I don't mean just respect, but the fact that she must be treated differently when alone, when amongst her friends, when amongst his friends, when amongst family etc.
7> Just being a typical guy - insensitive at times, losing his temper, forgetting important dates and then trying to make up for it, getting horny at the silliest times!

I would have added sense of humour too, but I'm really very easily amused, so it doesn't count. Fame and fortune is number 8 :p Good looks are a bonus, but personally don't matter.

... celebrity crushes

1> Arjun Rampal
2> Gael Garcia Bernal - Google him, gals. He's worth it!
3> Shoaib Akthar
4> Johnny Depp
5> George Clooney
6> John Travolta
7> Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. The Rock

This list has nothing to do with personality, talent etc. It's purely hormone-based. Brad Pitt and Emraan Hashmi are right up there too.

... people I want to tag

1> Ankit
2> Vivek
3> Alok
4> Aarish
5> Jeevan
6> Reshmi
7> Jobin

Unfortunately, none of them have blogs, except for Aarish, who is too young to have a blog.

17 Comments:

At October 10, 2005 12:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

Admire your courage & sense of humour.

You Go Girl!!

 
At October 10, 2005 1:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back vids :)

 
At October 10, 2005 1:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well well.. I think I might have a thing or two to say about what you've written..
Firstly -
Number 3 from things you cant do - We learn computers cause you can't learn them - so that we can accomplish Point number 5 from things you like about the opposite sex. Plus, if you look at point number 6 from things you like about the opposite sex you will understand why its easier to handle computers.

and IMHO understanding women is an oxymoron.
-----
Secondly -
how about men holding lots of chocolate bars?

-----
Thirdly -
You just rejected every male from Newfoundland! because in Newfoundland accents, one conjugates verbs like, "I goes/you goes/he goes/we goes/they goes."

-----

:-) I think I should do this on my blog too!

[ps. glad you're back!]

 
At October 10, 2005 3:51 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

hey vids, welcome back girl. don't mean to be too emotional or anythin, but God knows iam glad to read u again. :)

 
At October 10, 2005 4:24 am, Blogger Random Access said...

Welcome back :)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At October 10, 2005 6:23 am, Blogger Deeps said...

Hey Vids, I really didn't expect you to answer my tag and I'm glad that you've recovered enough to do so.

Admire your courage a lot, I can't even imagine losing someone...

 
At October 10, 2005 7:11 am, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Jaguu: Thank you. I felt that I shouldn't be unfair to my new readers like you :)

Abhi: Wish I could say it's good to be back with as much enthu as before, but I'm trying to get there :)

Gautam: Smart ass :p Hehe. And men holding chocolate bars sounds YUMMY! How didn't I think of that??? Too bad for the Newfy men. But I have a zero-tolerance approach to bad grammar.

Sparky: Aww, thanks :) At least, now tell me your name!

RA: Thanks RA :)

Deepthi: I've lost 3 people in 3 years. I think I spot a pattern there. So I guess I just have to brace myself. Don't imagine it ever.

Reverend: You even sound like a reverend :p You probably found me through Sandy's blog huh? I'm trying to be strong. Let's see how well I fake it, eh?

 
At October 10, 2005 9:59 am, Blogger Yohan said...

Welcome Back!!

 
At October 10, 2005 4:19 pm, Blogger Kiro said...

Hey Vidsa...Wos Ape Ning?

 
At October 11, 2005 1:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see u back ms.v..take care -archana-

 
At October 11, 2005 3:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello My Lowe...

 
At October 11, 2005 3:23 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

the above was was me, of course...

back in Swanky Vanky??

 
At October 11, 2005 9:02 am, Blogger TheSpark said...

hmmm.... well, my name is somewht related to my nick... in the sense tht it's the same basic element. (one of the 5 basic elements n all tht)... n it's one of the rarer ones (the name of course)... ok, now tht's too many hints, esp. for someone like u. go figure. :)

p.s.: iam not abt to tell u my name in here. mebbe it'll be easier for u if u mailed me? ;)

 
At October 12, 2005 12:33 am, Blogger Vikas said...

We have manuals for understanding computers.

And men dont try to understand women, they just fall for them.

 
At October 12, 2005 9:06 pm, Blogger Sid said...

I am really glad to be reading you again.

 
At October 17, 2005 2:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so u like emraan hashmi? no , seriously ?

 
At October 23, 2005 4:33 pm, Blogger Thanu said...

//understand how guys will spend their lifetime understanding computers but will not allocate even one-tenth of that time to attempt understanding women.

So true :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home