Sunday, June 19, 2005

Go Bangladesh!!!

THIS is what I love about sports.

The underdog beats the giant. David defeats Goliath. It's so boring to see one team win all the time; frustrating actually. You go boys-in-dark-green!

Why are batsman given more importance than bowlers? Was Pieterson's 91 more important than the 5 wickets Harmison took - 3 out of which he took from 4 balls in the same over? Wasn't Baisya's contribution as important as Ashraful's? Applause for Ashraful's 100 runs from 100 balls though! Respectable indeed.

The important thing is that the best is being toppled. Nothing reigns forever. I've had enough of the Aussie monopoly over the game. I truly hope this is the beginning of the end for Australia.

THIS is what I love about cricket.

7 Comments:

At June 19, 2005 7:54 pm, Blogger Anjali said...

wow! smae sentiments here V!Good the proud ozzies are bought down by Bangla Desh.Will ganguly residing inthe neighbouring state learn a thing or two from this.

 
At June 19, 2005 8:07 pm, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I don't know if Ganguly CAN learn. I long gave up on our team. My loyalties, as far as cricket is concerned, lie with Pakistan. The fiery spirit they come onto field with is one to be learned from them! Plus the team has REALLY hot men ;)

 
At June 19, 2005 10:16 pm, Blogger Balakumar said...

Thanks for the news flash. I have been without web access for 2 days (I know I know) and no had idea what was going on... I am always with the underdogs. So this is good news to start with! :D

 
At June 19, 2005 11:26 pm, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Not only that Carthikeyan came fourth!! Hallelujah!!

And Hey! I ALWAYS support the underdogs... hence, my support is always with India...

 
At June 20, 2005 4:25 am, Blogger Vasanth said...

vvvvvvvvv when did you turn out to be one mandira bedi ;-)....

any ways she was a bomb in the cricket commenting team...

 
At June 20, 2005 4:36 am, Blogger Yohan said...

Karthikeyan came 4th out of 6 drivers. But at least he got points.

Man...I'm looking forward to the Ashes. I'll be rooting for out former colonial masters.

 
At June 20, 2005 5:20 am, Blogger Vaibhav said...

Yohan!!! Talking Sport!!!! And that too F1!!!!

talk about Shock and Awe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home